BarreConcept Course - Essential Information
Prerequisites: Minimum experience required – A Certificate in Mat Pilates or a Level 3 Personal Trainer award is required and a minimum of 6 months teaching experience.
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in London - REPs accredited||Friday 19th to Sunday 21st July 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||London|
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in Brisbane - APMA and Fitness Australia accredited||Friday 9th to Sunday 11th August 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||Brisbane - Queensland|
|Barreconcept Teacher Training Course in London - REPs accredited||Friday 13th - Sunday 15th September 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||London|
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in Manchester - REPs accredited||Friday 4th to Sunday 6th October 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||Gatley|
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in Kent - REPs accredited||friday 25th to Sunday 27th October 2013 (9-5pm = 24hours)||£360.00||Maidstone|
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in Scotland - REPs accredited||Friday 8th to Sunday 10th November 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||Perth|
|BarreConcept Teacher Training Course in Dublin - REPs accredited||Friday 6th to Sunday 8th December 2013 (9-5pm = 24 hours)||£360.00||Sandyford Dublin|
Please use the link above to book onto the BarreConcept Course.
Course Unit Structure
- Be one of the first instructors in the UK to qualify on the only REPs accredited Barre course.
- Session One – Barre work. Basic ballet positions. Battements Tendu, Glissé and Grand Battements. Plié variations. Elevé and Relevés. Developpés and Attitude variations. Superman and Leg Abduction series. Quadricep Lifts. Press Ups and Pull Ups Handstand Preparations = 8 hours
- Session Two – In The Centre. Resistance Training. Bicep Curls, Tricep Extension Variations, Tummy Rub, The Waiter, Front & Lateral Shoulder Raise, Chariot Back Rowing , Aeroplane, Chest Press, Overhead Press. Motor Skills Training. Arabesque variations. Ballet Jumps variations. Leg abduction series = 8 hours
- Session Three – Floor Work. Leg and Butt Series. Quadricep Lean Backs with pelvic rocks; Thigh Press with pelvic rocks; Table Variations; Awkward Plane; The Bullet Side lying Developpé; Clam Shell; Leg Beats; Prone Frogs; Pelvic Lifts; The Hammock The Bridge ; Attitude in Mermaid; Torpedo; Cross Stitch. Back Series. The Seesaw Skydive; Cobra; The Eagle = 8 hours
- Session Four – Floor Work. Upper Body Series. Push Up series; The Plank; Back leg pull; Plank Position – Lift opposite arm and leg; Side Plank; Oblique Plank ; Reverse Plank; Dolphins;Tricep Press. Abdominal Series. Lean backs with chest press; Lean backs with arm release; Oblique Lean backs ; Can Can; Oblique lean backs with knee lifts; Oblique curl ups ; Criss Cross; Banana obliques; Pelvic Rocks; Reverse Curl; Toe Taps; Scissors; Diamond Leg Lowers; Double Leg Press; Double Leg Stretch; Floorwork Pliés ; Frogs ; Leg circles apart; Half curls up with leg abduction; Half curl up with leg raise; Full curl ups = 8 hours
Total hours of study = 32 guided learning hours. This qualification provides candidates the opportunity to study and be assessed on the underpinning knowledge and practical skills that are essential to teach BarreConcept sessions
Examinations and Assessments
The methods of assessment you will encounter:
Formative Assessment: ongoing throughout the course in order to provide feedback on what you are learning.
Summative Assessment: this is final assessment in order to obtain a result, which will count towards your overall assessment result
There are a total of 2 assessments for the BarreConcept course as follows:
Assessment 1- Internally Assessed Theory Paper
The theory paper will involve answering direct questions related to a BarreConcept mat class and to design a suitable programme for a set case study. You are allowed a maximum of 2 hours to take this written paper. No resources are allowed in the room with you and the invigilator will check that you have no notes with you. A pass mark of 70% is required. The theory paper will take place within not more than 4 months from course end date. All students will report to the centre in sufficient time for commencement of the exam and to sign the attendance list. Late arrivals will not be allowed to sit the paper. If you have any special requirements for the day, please let us know two weeks in advance. You will be informed of the date via email. You will be informed via post of the outcome of your theory paper within 3 weeks.
Assessment 2 – Practical Assessment
You will be required to teach a beginner/ intermediate client or group for a period not exceeding one hour in total. You have a period no more than 2 years from your course end date for which to take your final practical assessment. Please ring the office to organise a time to book in for your practical assessment. You will be informed on the day of your practical assessment if you have successfully passed your practical element.
Candidates who refer any aspect of the assessment will be offered an opportunity to re-take that element in accordance with the terms and conditions and guidelines of the approved centre. All elements of the assessment must be completed within 2 years of course completion.
Cancellation of Examination
It is difficult to rebook examinations at short notice due and also inconvenient when “Bodies” are used during examinations. For this reason, Pilates Union Uk ® requires a minimum of 21 days notice to change the date or time of any previously booked examinations.
Upon successful completion of your examination, you will be awarded the Pilates Union certificate in BarreConcept and earn 16 CPD points on The Register of Exercise Professionals. You will be eligible to teach small groups and one to one private lessons in the BarreConcept method.
A licence fee of £120 per annum is payable as a BarreConcept teacher. This will allow you to become a member of the BarreConcept Instructor Network. You will be eligible to use the BarreConcept logo and become part on our national list of recognised and approved teachers, which will feature on our international website.